We have now launched our News Thread which can be followed using feed-reading apps and software across a number of platforms. This will make it easier for our followers to keep informed of the latest changes and developments in GRP Insurance services and across the wider group. Click on the “News” tab which is located in our main menu and copy the URL into your chosen feed-reading application.
At least 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem each year, according to the Mental Health Foundation. The mental health crisis has come at a cost to UK businesses as well—research shows 70 million working days are lost each year due to mental health illness, costing employers £33 billion to £42 billion annually. By investing in mental health at your workplace, research shows you can achieve a significant ROI. In fact, improved mental health support can generate between £1.50 and £9 for every £1 spent from reduced turnover, fewer illness absences and increased productivity. Follow these guidelines to champion mental health at your workplace and reap the rewards:
- Develop mental health awareness among your employees.
- Encourage conversation about mental health and highlight resources available for those who are struggling, such as a helpline or local support group.
- Provide your employees with good working conditions, ensuring a healthy work-life balance and opportunities for career growth or personal development.
- Monitor your employees’ mental health and well-being.
According to recent reports, health and safety in the motor vehicle repair (MVR) industry is an increasing concern—a concern that could be deadly if the proper precautions aren’t considered.
The industry, which employs 200,000 people across the UK, has seen a marked increase in injuries over the past number of years. Injuries have increased so much, in fact, that the fatality rate in the MVR industry is nearly as high as it is in construction. The latest data indicates that, over a five-year period, 7,000 injuries were reported to the HSE and local authorities. Most of these injuries were serious and often the result of easily preventable low-speed collisions between vehicles, buildings and equipment.
While collisions are often low-cost claims for garages, injuries to employees or the public can be much more damaging from an insurance perspective. To prevent such losses, consider doing the following:
- Enforce speed limits on marked traffic routes.
- Have a safe system of work procedure in place, which helps reduce the risk of accidents when car engines are on or employees are working under moveable vehicles.
- Ensure adequate spacing between vehicles to lower the risk of accidently trapping employees.
Naturally there is much more that can be done to keep the chances that one of your team gets injured to a minimum. Please contact one of our Motor Trade Insurance and Risk Management experts for more information on 01638 596400.
Protect yourself – and your company – by making sure you’re not using one of the top 25 most commonly stolen passwords of 2017*
Click the image to get in touch with us for help with your insurance arrangements.
*as determined by password management software firm, Keeper.